Dogs (revisited)

First I want to say that I love animals and never want to hurt one. However, if it comes down to me or the animal, I'm going to defend myself. That being said, I was out for a ski today on the Canal Trail down at the trail's end (south of Pixley) when a tall (I'd say 5'10"ish) woman in about her 60s comes skiing at me with a black lab...loose. I stop completely and the dog runs at me and jumps on me! I'm the type of person that will ALWAYS smile and say "hi" (unless their dogs are after me) and I've met some really nice people out on the trails. I actually yelled a profanity as I was poking the dog with the metal tips of my poles trying to keep him off of me as the woman did not even acknowledge that it was happening. She just skied past! Unbelievable. It's not just the kids, but adults that the dogs go after, too. I would even go so far as to suggest that NO dogs are allowed on the trails. That kind of behavior shouldn't be accepted any place and that
woman should be ashamed of herself.

rick

Comments