A great day on the Great Trail

Weather and trail conditions sounded perfect, so I headed to the Egypt Road trails. I arrived at 9am; 2 degrees, sunny, calm. A gorgeous day to be out in the woods! I started at the trailhead at the railroad parking lot.

I skied Creekside Loop, Cherry Tree Trail, which offered a little off-track, backwoods skiing, and the Great Trail, with its dozen or so fun hills along the western half of this trail. However, the front half of the Great Trail was fairly flat and wound its way through a couple of stands of hemlock trees, as in the photo to the left.

I saw/heard black-capped chickadees, ravens, downy woodpeckers, goldfinches, a bluejay, a white-breasted nuthatch, a tufted titmouse, and a hairy woodpecker plus tracks from deer, fox, coyote, cottontail rabbit, and mice.

Thanks, BREIA, for another great outing!

Dave Behm
Clifton Park, NY